"Find what makes you joyful and do lots of it" -Bob Goff ( my favorite)
Hi, I'm Dani and I obviously love taking pictures. I am a joy-chasing, Jesus-following, creating, teaching, over-doing, dog-crazed, coffee-loving, wife who lives in Oregon with my husband and black lab, Bear. My absolute favorite thing to do is follow people around while taking photos. Capturing people's personalities, stories, love, little moments- that stuff gives me goosebumps. My second favorite thing to do is sit in coffee shops and edit those photos.
I fell in love with photography at a workshop in April 2017. I was in a hard part of life dealing with a lot of blah and needed something, ANYTHING. Man oh man, I am thankful for the crazy ways God works- this has become my passion and calling in life very quickly. I am an introvert, so signing up for a workshop geared towards something I never had done was not something I did- it was God's hand 100%. That experience changed my life and here we are! Moral of the story- go try new things, chase your passion- or anything that interests you... it might lead you to your dream life.
SIX RANDOM FACTS
1. I have a tiny voice that makes me sound like I am 12... it's one of my biggest insecurities but I wouldn't trade it with anyone.
2. I double as the Dean of Students at a small school in Oregon that I absolutely love. People always ask- "are you hoping to go full time?"... and the answer is no. I love both of my jobs and am too much of a workaholic to do one thing.
3. I absolutely love honeybees- I mean, they are constantly working, the workers are females, and they create something beautiful by working towards a common goal #bossbabes #communityovercompetition.
4. I have a tattoo on my arm that says "be still" as a reminder that in my most stressful and dark times, God still takes care of me and I can trust that (see above story!)
5. I am a twin... a brother named Andy, he lives in AZ and is also a photographer!
6. I cry at EVERY wedding I attend when the bride walks down the aisle. It's just such a beautiful moment!
THINGS I LOVE
Jesus, my hubby, friends, realness, sundays, dogs- all the dogs, vanilla lattes, picture books, scotch, weddings, yoga, hammock naps, trees, macklemore, cleaning, decorating, crayons, cinnamon rolls, ginger kombucha, world market, olive green, antique rugs, coffee shops, happy people, the office, breakfast dates, cacti, calligraphy, cozy blankets, fall, honeybees.
The name Ronny & René was inspired by my creative Grandpa, Ron. He was a freaking amazing painter and person- I used to watch him paint as a kid (with a folded pb sandwich in hand) he always used to say that a picture is nothing without a background. I think that applies in life- everything has a background, a purpose, something deeper than just itself. René is my middle name- Ron was his name. Voila!
I would love to capture your love or event! I am primarily a couples, weddings and elopements photographer but am open to other projects too. My favorite, favorite things are tiny moments that capture who you and your loved ones are- maybe even without you knowing it! We will of course get those posed shots too but candid shots, funny faces, special moments- those are what make me tick. If you are interested in seeing more of my style, follow me on instagram @ronnyandrene. Let's chat!